Found an issue on this page? Let us know and we will look into it as soon as possible.
How to get back my passport from USA consulate case is pending with administrative processing
Anonymous3 views3 answers
I went for H1b Stamping for company A, and consulate issued me a white 221g. Meanwhile i got a job offer from another Company B and they transferred my h1b ,Later i got mail from consulate to submit my passport ,i did so. Now from the tracker i can see again they moved my case to administrative processing and holding my passport. Meanwhile i got all the documents from company B for stamping my H1B visa. I cant go for stamping since my passport is with the consulate.
1. Could you please let me know how i can withdraw my passport and go for the stamping f or company-B?
2. How much time it will take to get back my passport
3. Will the previous pending case impact the new cases stamping ?
Since your case is pending administrative processing going for second h does not make any difference. You still have to wait for AP to be completed. You can always ask for your passport if you have any need to travel by sending a letter or visiting them.
When you sent your passport in, did you inform them that you had changed your intentions and now wanted to work for company B?
1, You need to contact the consulate to have the stamp be for B ... you don't want to withdraw the passport & re-apply.
2. No one can answer that question.
3. Yes, if done incorrectly you could get a very long administrative process/delay.
Talk directly to Company B's immigration lawyer ... don't waste time talking to non-attorneys in HR.
Giacomo Jacques BeharImmigration AttorneySan Diego, CACA licensed ·
1. Don't want to "withdraw" anything.. Just notify consulate intend to now proceed under B's petition and make arrangements to provide them with the approval notice sent to b, etc.
2. Depends on the time it will take consulate to get the security clearances back on you
3. All other things being equal, Should not. Only of suspicion of fraud on either could affect ultimate decision to issue any visa at all.