Can I file I-485 & I-130 concurrently and submit Medical exam later?

3 views 7 answers
My I-485 and I-130 files are ready. I need to file ASAP but Medical exam will take long and if I wan tto wait for that will delay things. Can I file now and submit the medical exam at my interview? or it will delay my case and RFE will be issued? Tnx

Attorney Answers

7
Aimee R WelchHealth Care LawyerTacoma, WA ·
I agree that you should do what you can to submit your medical report with the applications. You might consider a different civil surgeon outside of the Boston metro area. We've had pretty good luck with those in Central and Western MA as they aren't quite as busy as those in Boston. You can find a list of civil surgeons at: https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=CIV
0 upvotes
Kira Gagarin ·
It is likely that you will get an RFE and cause further delay. Think about consulting with an immigration attorney to make sure everything is done properly. Good Luck. Massachusetts Immigration Attorney www.gagarinlaw.com 508 455 4241
0 upvotes
Stephen Berman ·
USCIS may accept it, however I never file without attaching the medical. If you need a series of shots, you will risk losing your filing fee.
0 upvotes
Irene Vaisman ·
most likely they will issue an RFE for a medical thus delaying things. Why do you think a medical will take long? its just a few days (I actually know someone here in NY who has a one day turn around).
0 upvotes
Lynne Feldman ·
The medical exam is required for filing. If the delay is getting additional shots in a series that must have a certain lag time between them, see if the doctor will sign the medical anyway and indicate the other shots will be done when medically appropriate. Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law 2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201 San Diego, CA 92108 phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277 email: [email protected] website: www.immigrateme.com Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law University of Illinois College of Law .
0 upvotes
Samuel Maina ·
You may risk further delay if an RFE is issued. i agree with my colleague who suggested enquiring if the doctor will sign the medical and explain that further follow up is necessary.
0 upvotes